Old Mission Peninsula Fruit Farms in the Fall


I've said it before and I'm holding to this conviction: the Traverse City area is one of the most under appreciated places in America! I have thought that for years but I had only visited in the Spring and Summer. This year was the first I time I had been there in the fall and I didn't think it would be possible - but the scenery was even more stunning! How do you beat autumn colors and ripe fruit? All of these pictures are from the Old Mission Peninsula. There are lots of orchards, mostly cherries but apples too. Along with vineyards and blueberry farms.

Grapes ready for harvest.

Did you know that blueberry bushes turn red in the fall? Another reason to add some to your yard!

The apple harvest was underway!

Vineyard rows.

An old cherry orchard in the fall. These trees are quite tall compared to most of the cherry trees on the peninsula.

Ripe grapes in the vineyard with beautiful fall colors and, yes, that's Lake Michigan in the background. Old Mission Peninsula is truly beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts